- Attractive plant with effect
- The pinnate sheet whisks fold up themselves with dusk
- Plant has a recognizable day night rhythm
- To discover ideally for children around the nature
- Delivered in 9 cm of sound pot – whole height: approx. 15 cm
this plant is something quite special: She has one day night rhythm. About day the pinnate sheet whisks have opened and after the dusk has entered, the whole one is folded up. Then it looks like a laxly folded up umbrella.
With it one can show to children quite wonderfully, that also plants „schlafen“.
The plant reacts so also to too much light or very strong touch.
A palm is not they, however, in the botanical sense – she counts to the clover plants and is very unproblematic from there in the care.
German name: South Pacific palm
botanical name: Biophytum sensitivum
native country: tropical Africa and Asia (above all Papua New Guinea)
Biophytum plants have a low light need as a rain forest-ground inhabitant. They are also suited well for dark places in terraria.
The temperature should lie with 15-30 °C
pour Regularly – long-term dampness also stands, however, no traffic jam moisture